Selecting a midi note will show the audio file in the Browser.

mkruse

. :shock:

Could you post a screencapture?

Wait, isn't this a feature suggestion thread? It is a proposed workflow idea.

:oops: My bad... Had not checked the forum section of your post.

However, could you elaborate?

I don't understand how you make the connection between a MIDI note event vs an audio file, into which browser?

Wait, isn't this a feature suggestion thread? It is a proposed workflow idea.

:oops: My bad... Had not checked the forum section of your post.

However, could you elaborate?

I don't understand how you make the connection between a MIDI note event vs an audio file, into which browser?

No worries. The idea relates to sampling with EXS (&/or Alchemy). Essentially if you spend a lot of time working with samples and a sampler for sound design (rather than orchestral sample libraries) it would be helpful to quickly access the audio file for further manipulation in the arrange window. EXS could easily be modified to include a browser, but I also thought that the Project File Browser could link to the individual files.

I was using a stock Logic electronic kit. Logic actually has some really unique kits, but the sample are hard to access if you want to pull them out of EXS and into the arrange window. More so if you want to combine samples from multiple kits to create customised instruments.

In the future, I would hope that we could get a browser similar to Ableton, which is excellent for building sampled kits. Ideally though, I don't see this happening so I thought that using one of Logics built in browsers might work.