A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

learrocket

Re: Logic Pro X - how to use 32-bit AU & VST plug-ins

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 pm

I have tried Sylenth via Vienna Ensamble and it works fine BUT theres one problem. I cant make the automation work and I dont think theres any work around this. Any body has another suggestion. Cuz im like many others I need my sylenth. So if not I will stick with Logic 9 until a solution is found.

darudevil

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Seems Lennar might be working on it:
Näyttökuva 2013-07-18 kohteessa 18.7. - 16.11.33.jpg
Näyttökuva 2013-07-18 kohteessa 18.7. - 16.11.33.jpg (41.49 KiB) Viewed 15542 times

Obviously, this is just someone claiming so on the Sylenth support forum, but it seems legit. Fingers crossed. I think Lennar hasn't been putting much effort on the synth because so many people use cracked version of it, but I'm sure a 64bit version would be VERY welcome, and he could hook up with someone to do a good copy protection, maybe some crackers finally would pony up the $ this time. Like I said, fingers crossed!

I don't know if emailing him about this will encourage or irritate him (or slow him down), but here's the address: support@lennardigital.com.
Ville Virtanen / Darude
Producer / Artist / DJ
Spotify - YouTube

LP 10.4.5, OSX 10.14.5, 2018 MBP 15" 2.9GHz i9, 32Gb, MOTU 1248

fisherking

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 pm

darudevil wrote:
Seems Lennar might be working on it:
Näyttökuva 2013-07-18 kohteessa 18.7. - 16.11.33.jpg

Obviously, this is just someone claiming so on the Sylenth support forum, but it seems legit. Fingers crossed. I think Lennar hasn't been putting much effort on the synth because so many people use cracked version of it, but I'm sure a 64bit version would be VERY welcome, and he could hook up with someone to do a good copy protection, maybe some crackers finally would pony up the $ this time. Like I said, fingers crossed!

I don't know if emailing him about this will encourage or irritate him (or slow him down), but here's the address: support@lennardigital.com.

it's a rumor, allegedly an email from lennard. highly suspect. lennard is responsive with tech issues, but never discusses updates, etc. so...i gave up. switching to Spire, a reasonable contender as an S1 replacement (and using LX's arp with it...nice!)
LP10.6.1 • os11.3b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com

paul6891

Re: [Solution] How to run 32-bit plug-ins in Logic

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 pm

and the point is? i LOVE sylenth1, and had over 100 soundsets in it...a significant investment. but it's not being updated to 64bit. and i WANT to work in logic X, so...we find workarounds, new tools....whatever it takes.

if the developers don't keep up with changing OS's, apps...that's on them. i just want to get back to work..

The point is that not everyone can afford to be spending nearly 200 euro on a synth (Sylenth), 180 euro on a new DAW, and then more again on another synth to replace the initial one - it only makes sense that people are looking for a workaround - I'm sure we would all rather do it differently but not everyone can afford to just throw away an expensive (it's all relative) piece of equipment.
Macbook 2.4Ghz
4Gb ram
Logic 8
Omnisphere, Sylenth, Nexus

fisherking

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

paul6891 wrote:
and the point is? i LOVE sylenth1, and had over 100 soundsets in it...a significant investment. but it's not being updated to 64bit. and i WANT to work in logic X, so...we find workarounds, new tools....whatever it takes.

if the developers don't keep up with changing OS's, apps...that's on them. i just want to get back to work..

The point is that not everyone can afford to be spending nearly 200 euro on a synth (Sylenth), 180 euro on a new DAW, and then more again on another synth to replace the initial one - it only makes sense that people are looking for a workaround - I'm sure we would all rather do it differently but not everyone can afford to just throw away an expensive (it's all relative) piece of equipment.

yes, but some of these workarounds are FAR more expensive than, say, a new plugin... plus, you can always sell your license (for most plugins).. for example, at kvraudio (where i sold sylenth1 just this morning)...

paul6891

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Well yeah, I don't agree with going out and buying VEP for example just to host sylenth. I am keen to explore the reaper/rewire route which is obviously a lot cheaper. I'll test it out on Logic 9 when I get a chance. Opening another DAW could hit the CPU usage, but I don't know how bad it would be. How much did you get for Sylenth?
Macbook 2.4Ghz

4Gb ram

Logic 8

fisherking

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm

paul6891 wrote:
Well yeah, I don't agree with going out and buying VEP for example just to host sylenth. I am keen to explore the reaper/rewire route which is obviously a lot cheaper. I'll test it out on Logic 9 when I get a chance. Opening another DAW could hit the CPU usage, but I don't know how bad it would be. How much did you get for Sylenth?

you could keep L9, just to work out S1 parts, then bounce to audio, bring into LX. but for me...i don't want ANYTHING getting in the way of my workflow, so i gave S1 up. if lennard ever graces us with a 64bit AU...i can always bring it back...

Simon Morrison
Topic Author

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 pm

learrocket wrote:
I have tried Sylenth via Vienna Ensamble and it works fine BUT theres one problem. I cant make the automation work and I dont think theres any work around this. Any body has another suggestion. Cuz im like many others I need my sylenth. So if not I will stick with Logic 9 until a solution is found.

This may help: How to use MIDI CC to control (or automate) Vienna Instrument Pro instruments within Vienna Ensemble using Logic
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
Logic Pro X 10.4.8 | macOS 10.13.6
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]

JemalWade

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Will Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 work for using IK Multimedia Sampletron? Sampletron is one of the main things I use in my projects for all the groovy mellotron sounds and now that I have installed Logic Pro X, it is not currently working so I am assuming it is 32 bit as well.

What would be the best work around for that other than Vienna Ensemble Pro 5?

Thank you!
JW

Jordi Torres

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:15 am

a-stream wrote:
I use Plogue Bidule as an AU plugin together with JBridge. Works well. They just updated the Plogue AU to work with Logic X so make sure you get the latest version.

The latest version I'm finding is the same as the one I already had installed (v. 0.9730, 24 april 2013). For some reason when I load it (either as an instrument or audio effect), the editor window i nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

Bidule.png
Bidule.png (18.81 KiB) Viewed 15439 times

J.
Et voilà!

MacBook Pro 15" Retina i7 2.2 GHz - 16GB RAM | OS 10.14.6 | Logic Pro 10.4.8
Merging Hapi | RME Fireface 400 | Akai MPK49 | Nord Micro Modular

Br0ckout

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:48 am

Someone claiming on the KVR forums they've successfully got Sylenth1 (32-bit VST) running through JBridge combined with FXPansion VST to AU Wrapper.

Will give this a try tonight. My only question that doesn't appear to be clear, is the FXPasion wrapper a 64-bit AU?
• Logic Pro X 10.2
• OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
• iMac
• Processor 3.4GHZ i7
• Memory 16 GB
• Audio interface Apogee Duet 2

airpsy

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 am

I have tried a ton of methods to get Sylenth1 to work. Br0ckout, the picture you posted is a guy running Sylenth1 from maschine. I used jBridgeM and was able to successfully wrap the Sylenth1 32bit vst as a 64bit vst (I confirmed it worked with Live 9 64 bit). However, I was not able to adapt the 64bit vst to an AU using the FXpansion adapter or VSTAU manager. I couldnt find the most recent release of VSTAU, only 0.2rc2, but I suspect it wouldnt work regardless. Also, I tried Symbiosis, which showed the most promise, but unfortunately still didnt work. From everything I have tried, it looks like as of right now the only way to run Sylenth1 in LPX is to use maschine, vepro or bidule, or if Lennard ever releases a 64bit version.
Attachments
Sylenth1.jpg
Sylenth1.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 15339 times

lasteno

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 am

and Goodbye NI - Spekatral Delay :cry:
wish someone in the near future could make a 32 bits AU to 64 bits AU Wrapper
I hope.. in the meantime Logic pro 9
there are alot of AU that doesn't have 64 bits support or will never be
I wish Logic pro X could give us the option to use it as 32 bits,
for me I have no problems using it at 32 bits if there could be that Option ........
and logic has no New Plug.ins I mean 2 or 3 but Compressors Eqs limters
Delays Reverbs etc... NOTHING.. unbelievable,, drummer is ok but
SUperior Drummer eats it in a Second,.,
for me this upgrade is nothing more than just changing the colors,
flex pitch it's ok but no polyphonic,,.. again...
even the skins of the plugins still the same...
Terrible Upgrade,,,, nothing out of this planet.

dna

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:10 am

lasteno wrote:
and Goodbye NI - Spekatral Delay :cry:
wish someone in the near future could make a 32 bits AU to 64 bits AU Wrapper
I hope.. in the meantime Logic pro 9
there are alot of AU that doesn't have 64 bits support or will never be
I wish Logic pro X could give us the option to use it as 32 bits,
for me I have no problems using it at 32 bits if there could be that Option ........
and logic has no New Plug.ins I mean 2 or 3 but Compressors Eqs limters
Delays Reverbs etc... NOTHING.. unbelievable,, drummer is ok but
SUperior Drummer eats it in a Second,.,
for me this upgrade is nothing more than just changing the colors,
flex pitch it's ok but no polyphonic,,.. again...
even the skins of the plugins still the same...
Terrible Upgrade,,,, nothing out of this planet.

I think if it were polyphonic it would sound like ass! Just like melodyne DNA does. I don't think polyphonic pitch correction will
ever become a norm.

dna

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 am

airpsy wrote:
I have tried a ton of methods to get Sylenth1 to work. Br0ckout, the picture you posted is a guy running Sylenth1 from maschine. I used jBridgeM and was able to successfully wrap the Sylenth1 32bit vst as a 64bit vst (I confirmed it worked with Live 9 64 bit). However, I was not able to adapt the 64bit vst to an AU using the FXpansion adapter or VSTAU manager. I couldnt find the most recent release of VSTAU, only 0.2rc2, but I suspect it wouldnt work regardless. Also, I tried Symbiosis, which showed the most promise, but unfortunately still didnt work. From everything I have tried, it looks like as of right now the only way to run Sylenth1 in LPX is to use maschine, vepro or bidule, or if Lennard ever releases a 64bit version.

If you know of 3 methods that actually work why aren't you trying any of these?

beej

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:40 am

jordito wrote:
The latest version I'm finding is the same as the one I already had installed (v. 0.9730, 24 april 2013). For some reason when I load it (either as an instrument or audio effect), the editor window i nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

I think I saw someone on KVR had the same issue, and Plogue released a brand new update to fix it. Try checking versions again...

paul6891

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 am

If you know of 3 methods that actually work why aren't you trying any of these?

Probably because VEP costs around 250 euro while Maschine and Bidule are pricey enough too, a lot of money just to get one synth working!

Have you tried rewiring X with reaper? A lot cheaper, would be interested to know how it works from a CPU point of view.
Macbook 2.4Ghz

4Gb ram

Logic 8

lasteno

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:24 pm

I have talked Joao how is working now on a way to load 32 bits AU into logic pro x 64 bits
here is his webside: http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/

maybe could be a wrapper or bridge let see what he can do
he is a great guy let's hope he can help all "logic pro x" users how need this option

:)

PandaRiot

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Just thinking about this whole ordeal...When Logic Pro 9 is running in 64 bit, its basically just pointing to AUIPCServer, AUIPCServerApp and 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge when it comes to working with 32 bit plugins.

The 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge and AUIPCServerApp are applications, I could be completely wrong here, but it seems as though there should be a way to make these apps work for X as well and utilize the already existing bridge. Besides copying the above mentioned apps over the MAAudioUnitSupport.framework, could it be something as straightforward as editing the plists for info and version?

thoughts?
Logic Pro 10.2.4
OS X 10.11.5
MacBookPro9,1
2.3 Core i7
16GB
Presonus FireStudio Project
Logic Control

fisherking

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 pm

PandaRiot wrote:
Just thinking about this whole ordeal...When Logic Pro 9 is running in 64 bit, its basically just pointing to AUIPCServer, AUIPCServerApp and 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge when it comes to working with 32 bit plugins.

The 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge and AUIPCServerApp are applications, I could be completely wrong here, but it seems as though there should be a way to make these apps work for X as well and utilize the already existing bridge. Besides copying the above mentioned apps over the MAAudioUnitSupport.framework, could it be something as straightforward as editing the plists for info and version?

thoughts?

you're gonna also need a way to VALIDATE those plugins...no way to open logic 32bit to do that.

i've looked into the way the kvr dude did this, but...am instead moving into the future, and going 64bit all around.
AND abandoning sylenth1...much as i love it. WE make the music, the tools are just tools. will use other ones...