3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

• 2 months later...

hi guys,

this is my parameter layout for the Waves SSL Channel.

I use it with a Mackie Universal Control.

So parameters are layed out over 8 parameters on different pages.

each page represents a specific section of this plugin (filte/eq/comp/gate)

page 1 : FilterSplit / empty / empty / empty / empty / empty / HP filter / LP filter

page 2: EQBypass/ empty / HF Type / HF Gain / HF Frq / HMF Gain / HMF Frq / HMF Q

page 3: empty / empty / LMF Gain / LMF Frq / LMF Q / LF Gain / LF Frq / LF Type

page 4: DynBypass / empty / empty / empty / CompThresh / CompRatio / CompFast / CompRelease

page 5: empty / empty / empty / ExpAttack / ExpRelease / ExpThresh / ExpRange / ExpGate

too bad it has taken me so long to get to this point of working with my controller.

This plugin is my first go to unit for every channel. If you get the hang of it, it works so fast and intuitive !

turn those knobs !

I'm very happy to share this, especially because of the awesome support i had on this topic in this forum to figure this out.

big up for the guys who follow up on all these posts with sensible answers !!

grts,

Michel

CSParameterOrder.plist

parameter layout for Waves SSL Chanel. Layout per 8 parameters over 5 pages

I'm very happy to share this, especially because of the awesome support i had on this topic in this forum to figure this out.

big up for the guys who follow up on all these posts with sensible answers !!

Glad to see you figured it out, Michel!

And thanks for sharing your file with us!

Cheers,

J.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know if it's also possible for me to change the plugin parameter name sent to the control surface?

Some long names cannot fit in the Control Surface display so i get an abbreviation that is so messed up i cannot know what parameter it is. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

too bad it has taken me so long to get to this point of working with my controller.

This plugin is my first go to unit for every channel. If you get the hang of it, it works so fast and intuitive !

turn those knobs !

Magic stuff.

Here's another layout for Waves SSL channel based on the one quoted. These work for both E and G-channel (n.b. need to copy into stereo version folders also). For ease of previewing here, I've also put params visually into groups of 8 but over 6 MCU 'pages'. Thanks to all...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

ControlSurfaceParameterOrder

14 FilterSplit

101 empty

101 empty

101 empty

101 empty

101 empty

15 HP Frq

16 LP Frq

18 LF Frq

17 LF Gain

19 LF Type

101 empty

21 LMF Frq

20 LMF Gain

22 LMF Q

10 EQBypass

24 HMF Frq

23 HMF Gain

25 HMF Q

101 empty

28 HF Frq

27 HF Gain

26 HF Type

10 EQBypass

1 CompThresh

2 CompRatio

3 CompFast

4 CompRelease

101 empty

101 empty

12 DynamicBypass

13 DynaminCHOut

7 ExpThresh

8 ExpRange

5 ExpAttack

6 ExpRelease

9 ExpGate

101 empty

12 DynamicBypass

13 DynaminCHOut

0 Analog

31 PhaseReverse

32 InputLevel

29 Gain

101 empty

101 empty

101 empty

101 empty

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Is there a way to map to a generic MIDI controller the first 8 parameters of a selected plug in? So that the 8 knobs control the first 8 parameters of whatever plug in is currently open and selected. Combined with the custom "mapping" provided in this thread it would be quite useful even for those with "basic" midi controller.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

This is an old post but I would love if somebody can tell me how to change the logic order of parameters. When I go the the send button on the MCU. The order of parameters don't make sense at all I would love to have the sends volumes on of all sends first and then go to the rest of the parameters. Is that possible? Now the send volume for each send are 4 knobs apart...

Would really love a positive answer :)

According to the manual...

Press the SEND button. The channel name appears on the top line, the "selected" parameter appears on the second line.

DO NOT press the SEND button a second time, that will switch it to "channel view" which is what you describe.

To cause the send levels to appear for the 8 channels simply press the "CURSOR RIGHT" key. The MCU will switch to the next send parameter for all 8 channels.

Simply put, the first send parameter is the destination for the send. The second parameter is volume.

At least that what works for me on my X-Touch MCU clone...

https://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9.1.6/cn/logicpro/controlsurfacessupport/#chapter=3%26section=4

Read down to the SEND button part

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Dear all,

first of all: Thank you for this holy grail of knowledge.

I've got a special question, to which I haven't seen an answer yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a possibility to put two parameters onto one V-Pot using the plist?

I am sure the following can be achieved by using the much more complex assignment-configuration, but I specifically ask for a configuration in the plist.

The V-Pot can be turned and pressed and it would be so much more helpful to assign something to the press and something else to the turn. Take an EQ for example. To activate/deactivate a band you could press a V-POT and changing the frequency or the Q factor by turning it would be so much more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

Used to do these for MCU on my old machine but no luck in v10.7.3/OS11.6.5

Have tried:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/…

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/…

and 

/Library/Audio/Presets

Wondering if anyone has got this working with similar spec situation?

thanks

Edited by Tayto

Yes, it works just fine for me here, my custom controller scheme to control plugins relies on CSParameterOrder files and is essential to my workflow.

What exactly is the problem you are having? You have a CSParameterOrder file for a particular plugin, but you do not see the parameter order/layout defined in the file on the MCU in plugin/instrument edit mode? Can you give an example plugin you're trying this with? 

Edited by des99

34 minutes ago, des99 said:

Yes, it works just fine for me here, my custom controller scheme to control plugins relies on CSParameterOrder files and is essential to my workflow.

What exactly is the problem you are having? You have a CSParameterOrder file for a particular plugin, but you do not see the parameter order/layout defined in the file on the MCU in plugin/instrument edit mode? Can you give an example plugin you're trying this with? 

Hi.

Yeah just no effect. Unfortunately I see now that while it doesn't work for waves ev2 and cla mixhub , it actually does with original waves sslchannel. So it seems something to do with these newer plugins.

I guess I'd need to know whether anyone has got to work with any of these?

Thanks for responding

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought there should be any difference, as all plugins report automatable parameters to the host in the same way.

I don't have those plugins to check, but are you sure you've reorganised the right parameters? Sometimes there may be multiples of various parameters and it's not obvious that you are targetting the correct parameters in your re-order scheme...

• 3 months later...