A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Nogan
Topic Author

Zoom Tracks Out Further

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi! I assume (maybe I shouldn't) that the current maximum zoomed out arrangement view in logic is to preserve the text's visibility on each region, so that there is legibility still even when quite small. However, I most often do not find myself needing to see this text, and would prefer to be able to zoom out further as even my 4k display does not show all tracks at once.

It is helpful often in mixing and arranging to be able to take a step back and look at the picture as a whole and aside from grouping there is no easy way to zoom all the way out to see every component of a project.

And track stacks do not solve this issue, since as of writing you may only have 1 layer of stacks at the most, meaning you cannot have a folder or summing stack with folder or summing stacks nested inside. One could not alleviate this with sending either, since they do not visually indicate what is happening in the region-based display realm, which makes summing stacks so useful as you can view each intended layer of processing as an aggregate of objects.

Producing in multiple project files does not help either, as there is an obscene loading time during switching between windows just to check or reference one small part, and then there is also extra effort necessary for export / bouncing the projects and merging them together.

Although produced somewhat satirically, one should be able to compress all these tracks to a single window like in this image below, but at a normal aspect ratio. This is not the largest project I would have to compile a composite screenshot for, and I'm sure other people like Jacob Collier would appreciate it.
project_file.jpg
project_file.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 70 times
Logic X (Latest Version)
Catalina: i7-8700K, 32GB 3466MHz
beyerdynamic T1 and DT880
Event 2020 V2
Casio Privia PX400R, Novation Launchpad Mini
AKG C414 ULS

Atlas007

Re: Zoom Tracks Out Further

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Folders are nest-able...
LogicX 10.4.8 ( & 9.1.8),MainStage3.4.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.13.6
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, Eucon McControl, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, MIDIQuest, etc...
PC, iPad3(V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear