Logic Pro TDM

120bpm

I have been using the Logic TDM combo for years. It takes a bit of time and care to set up however (for example I found out that removing "Smack" from the DAE plugin folder makes it more stable), but this is the most stable rig I have had. Perhaps one crash a week (every day is a long day though). My current rig: Logic 8.02, Pro Tools 7.4.2cs2, HD Accel 2 PCIe, Mac OS 10.5.5. I am using Direct TDM (as opposed to Core Audio with TDM)

Dom

• 3 months later...
hi crimson noise....as there aren't many people using this setup, i'd like to ask you if you have any idea why my tdm audio tracks are out of sync with my dtdm tracks?

I've got the same problem, did you solve yours? I don't think delay compensation is working at all for dtdm tracks??

Hey all. I am also a Pro Tools HD user and I am curious as to whether it is working with 9.0.1.

Logic 9.0.1 crashes on TDM plugin insertion, while 9.0.0 works.

So far since updating to 9.01, i haven't been able to open a single old arrangement without logic crashes on the startup.. VERY frustrating and i'm desperately sending Apple request of a focus on fixing the DAE support in 9.02 to this page. I don't know what to do...

http://www.apple.com/support/feedback/

Luckily Logic 8.02 still works..

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I just borrowed an HD rig from a store in town to see if tdm worked acceptably with Logic again (I have been using a mix-rig w logic 6.4 in os9 forever! =)) and it sure worked nicely with 9.0.2 BUT the tdm and dtdm tracks were out of synch...

Does anyone know of a fix or is that just what one has to live with when using logic w pt hd ?

It would be one thing if the outta sync-ness was cinsistent but within the same song from one minute to the other it was shifting...not by much but enugh to make it feel very unprofessional....

Is there a fix to this or am I doomed to convert to pt software in order to make use of my 8 cores together with the latency-free-ish tdm recording...?

Hi.

I just borrowed an HD rig from a store in town to see if tdm worked acceptably with Logic again (I have been using a mix-rig w logic 6.4 in os9 forever! =)) and it sure worked nicely with 9.0.2 BUT the tdm and dtdm tracks were out of synch...

I have the same, maybe it's because the delay compensation doesn't work for the DTDM tracks..

I serioously doubt that it has anything to do with plugin compensation cos it changed without me adding plugins ...=/

I guess I'm going native cos all I need tdm for is to give me a latencyfree recording channel and if it's gonna f*%@ with the timing of the recorded stuff as soon as I put it on a dtdm track then I can't trust my rig....

SO what I am gonna have to do is split the signal before the interface and use a compressor and a mixer just for monitoring. Sucks really..