splitting kick and snare on drummer track

mickturner

Hello,

I'm working with a producer who is using my logic pro x "drummer" tracks. He asked that I give him the following:

Kick on one audio track

Snare on another audio track

the rest of the drums mixed the same minus kick and snare on a stereo pair. Created a midi version of the track, split them, etc. But somehow I can't solo one drum part at a time...they all solo. I want to solo to identify drums. Any ideas?

Thanks,

mickturner

But I did that but I can't solo an individual drum part, they all go S (solo) as if they are liniked up somehow because they originated from the same drum part. How do I "unlink" them?

To duplicate your Drummer track, option-drag down the Drummer track header, that creates new independent Drummer tracks that you can solo individually. However if you follow my previous instructions, there's no need to solo anything: just deselect the drum pieces you don't want in the Drummer editor. For example, on track 1, only the kick should stay in yellow. Like this:

323599649_ScreenShot2015-03-14at11_12_35AM.png.9f1b72bd5b24471edea0548820e0b87d.png

just deselect the drum pieces you don't want in the Drummer editor. For example, on track 1, only the kick should stay in yellow. Like this:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 11.12.35 AM.png[/attachment]

I don't think that will work in all situations.

There are plenty of times where the drummer will start to play flams on the snare if you exclude the high-hat.

This option is not a pure mute. It's more like a which drums am I aloud to play!