Help connecting Yamaha MO6 to Logic Pro X

dannisavage

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance..

I have my dad's old Yamaha MO6 that I want to use with Logic Pro X on my macbook Pro. All I have at the moment is a USB connecting the keyboard to my computer. I've managed to get Logic to recognize the keyboard and control it using the Play, Record, etc. However, if the keyboard isn't plugged in, I can't hear anything that I've recorded. I'm sure I'm probably missing some hardware. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly I'd need to record sounds from the synth into Logic/hear what I've recorded when the synth isn't plugged in/anything else you think I need to know!

(PS, is an M-Audio UNO worth buying for what I'm trying to do or would something else be more appropriate?)

I'd appreciate your help so much!

Thank you!!

-Danni :D

if the keyboard isn't plugged in, I can't hear anything that I've recorded.

You would need to record your keyboard as audio in order to be able to playback the recordings without the keyboard connected.

Apparently there's no mLan or MIDI-Audio USB driver for the MO6 (http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&category_id3=&product_id=106369). That means that you have to connect audio cables from the audio outputs of the MO6 to audio inputs on your audio interface, and record those inputs onto an audio track.