Need Help with Control Surface and Bank Selection, Please.

djdave057

Hi all. Glad to come across this forum. I need some help with a control surface.

I am running LogicPro 7.2.3 with a Tascam FW-1082 firewire interface and control surface. I recently updated the drivers to the UB version (1.6).

Everything is working ok, except that fact that the track selection bank on the arrange window has a bank of 11 tracks (the appropriate number of tracks for the control surface is 8 ).

Tracks 1 through 8 have the color represented for the Tascam in the Control surface setup window. Tracks 9-11 are light blue. What does this group represent? When I shift through the banks, I don't have access to those 3 tracks that are grouped together.

Does this make any sense? I have deleted and re-installed the tascam in the control surface window, and everthing in the environment seems to be normal? Am I missing something?

I am assuming that this is a Logic/Envirnment related problem. I called tech support at Sweetwater, and they agreed. Any thoughts? Has anyone else run into this with any other control surface?

Thanks so much.

I also have this control surface.

The banks on the unit appear to take their cues from the way your Arrange is setup, despite whatever setting you could have set in the Control Surface setup (Arrange, Global, Mixer). Double check that in case I'm out to lunch, because there isn't much documentation on how the FW-1082 behaves with Logic (besides the Logic Pro Control Surface Support PDF, which at this point I'm realizing I've neglected to read, but focuses more on the FW-1884).

Because of this, my autoload has 2 sets of 8 instruments for each object type with 1 set hidden (16 audio tracks, 8 hidden, 16 audio instrument tracks, 8 hidden, so on).

I believe that the next bank over should just continue along with how your arrange is set up - it shouldn't matter what channels those are. I don't believe the track colors effect the control surface, but I'm not positive on that. Your track NUMBERS should be continuous for the flow you're looking for.

Check out the Tascam Forums, a member supported forum, which may indicate how well supported the Tascam stuff is…

20 seconds after my reply I see what you're saying with the colors.

The orange color indicates what tracks are currently represented on the control surface.

My guess is that the light blue is what you've assigned those tracks - but if you change it to orange it won't matter at all. Is that light blue on the left or the right?

The light blue is on the same side (the left side). It appears to be under the Tascam Color. When I delete the Tascam in the Control Surfaces setup window and return to the arrange window, the tascam's color will disappear, but the blue will stay there for a little while (covering the left side of 11 tracks). It's almost as if it's reading another control surface with 11 faders. I'm going to check all my other settings right now.. Thanks for your help.

if u have 2 colors on the tracks, its that its recieving 2 controllers at the same time. so its your setup of 2 controllers or your only contrroller is being doubled.

hapened to me when i ran the controller setup and added 2 controllers virtualy and only one controller.

if u get more than 8 tracks then some other knobs might be transmitting fader movemtns.

by the way, what setup/instaltion u made?

im having trouble with my controller, all faders will only move the fader that its selected on the arrange.

was your controller in the list of controller on logic controller setup.?

Where can I look to either re-set the defaults, or delete the extra controller that is being shown?

I'm running LogicPro7.2.3 with the Tascam 1.60 UB drivers. There is also an Axiom49 connected through a usb port, but I don't use the faders for much of anything in Logic.

I still can't figure this out. :x