Apple loops - solved

mabosko

Can you transpose loop regions to create a progression? I have looked at different loop types and they only let me raise or lower them by octaves. I would like to have the same loop in different regions with different starting notes.

Thanks,

MB

It looks like that unless I had a large selection of loops in multiple keys I would need to make my own loops to piece together songs.

Not a big deal but I am looking for a way to quickly put together backing tracks to solo over.

Thanks,

MB

There is a way to do something like this, although it has limitations. I just remember watching a video on it on YouTube. You might do a search there... sorry I can't remember any of the keywords or who it was by. Might have been by Bob Sell... do a search.

try this....

Just go over to the region inspector to transpose in semitones not just octaves. The right side drop down are the octaves and the left side are the semitone increments. So as an example if you want a 1,4,5 chord progressions. copy the loop twice, select the second region and in the inspector set the semitone to +4, and the next loop(region) to +5.

See picture.

1329984565_appleloopsregiontranspose.gif.1a0db0ec3c7465d76af352957433f106.gif

Keep in mind that because in the video I had only one region per track I could highlight the track to select the region. When you have more than one region on a track you have to select the specific region you want to transpose (not the track). Fyi

Archived