Track-Based Automation w/ FabFilter Timeless 2

TheUncannyValley

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I'm trying to create track-based automation for FabFilter Timeless 2's X-Y pad 1. I have Timeless 2 insantiated as an FX send. I created a track for it in the tracks window and pulled up two automation lanes (one for horizontal movement, the other for for vertical).

I hit record and could see movement in the respective lanes while I was recording, I was manually moving the X-Y pad in the Timeless 2's plugin window. However, nothing seems to have actually recorded to my song.

I'm sure this is something simple that I'm overlooking. The Timeless 2 manual wasn't much help (unusual, its a great manual) which really makes me think I'm overlooking something simple.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong and maybe point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Russell

I hit record

That's not how automation works. "Recording" in Logic is for recording audio data, or MIDI performances to a region.

Automation is entirely independent of that. So to use automation, set the track's automation status to eg "Latch", press *play* and change your plugin parameters while the song is playing. Set the automation status back to "Read" when done.

For the more info, do check out the automation section in the manual.