running Logic Pro 7 on DigiDesign audio interfaces.

sunbiz

I usually run everything in logic, but for my next few projects I'm taking some of my logic session to a studio that runs ProTools on digi design gear.

I want to boot up in logic and use all the instruments as usual without bouncing out tracks and importing them into a Pro Tools audio only session. ( i know how to do this...)

What I'd like some advice on is, how to properly configure the setup to run logic on my Mac Book Pro, using a digi design audio interface.

Are there any tips or tricks that I should keep an eye out for, or is it pretty straight forward ?

I would ask the studio tech for a heads-up, but he's a complete logic hater, so in short, he doesn't know anything that i don't already know.

thanks people.

Cheers.

Since you're using a MacBook Pro I would assume you're going to use a firewire or usb interface. I find that Logic crashes alot when using Digi interfaces. One work around that seems to help is opening the Digi core audio program first and then open Logic. Do all your Digi hardware setup (clocking externally or internally etc...) before opening Logic.

Just download the latest driver available for your type of machine, OS and processor (Intel) on digidesign.com. That's really all you need to do.

One thing to keep an eye on is to make sure the settings are always the same in Logic's driver window and in Digidesign's Core Audio driver window (whatever they call it now - digi core audio manager?). The weakness of Digi's driver is often that they don't update to the correct settings (the ones you set in Logic).

If that happens, change the settings in Digi's window, then change them again in Logic, until changing them in Logic reflects the changes in Digi's window.

Be sure to heed Digi's warning:

"Pro Tools 7.x users should NOT download the Standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Driver installer."

There's actually two versions of the "latest" driver. If you're running PT on that machine, then be sure to install the one that comes with your PT update and not the Standalone.

Yes, . .erm . . I botched this once. It wasn't pretty.

Just download the latest driver available for your type of machine, OS and processor (Intel) on digidesign.com. That's really all you need to do

Not true. Digi core audio has never been reliable or consistent with non Digi apps. Removing Digi interfaces, in my experience, makes life much easier. Plus, all the Digi dongles available in this price range are way behind sonically and feature wise from other stuff on the market.

Just download the latest driver available for your type of machine, OS and processor (Intel) on digidesign.com. That's really all you need to do

Not true. Digi core audio has never been reliable or consistent with non Digi apps. Removing Digi interfaces, in my experience, makes life much easier. Plus, all the Digi dongles available in this price range are way behind sonically and feature wise from other stuff on the market.

Haha.. that's true! Actually you'll read me give pretty much that advice to everybody over the past years. I hate Digidesign core audio drivers with a passion.

Haha.. that's true! Actually you'll read me give pretty much that advice to everybody over the past years. I hate Digidesign core audio drivers with a passion.

Hahaha -To be recognized and given an "Atta boy" by the master is a truly wonderful thing!