Quickest way to get sample into esx?

StudioQ1

Hello,

I will admit I hardly ever use esx 24 sampler. I see a lot of people are actually using it still though, and I was just wondering if there is any fast way to get samples from your file browser straight into esx real quick? or do I have to drag and drop from the esx 24 edit screen?

do I have to drag and drop from the esx 24 edit screen?

No, you don't have to. But you can, of course.

I was just wondering if there is any fast way to get samples from your file browser straight into esx real quick?

There's a key command for that: "Convert Region to Sampler".

when I do that control e command from the browser, not from the project, it asks me if I want to do a special type of save or something, however when the sample is on a track I can use this command, is there anyway to use this in the browser?

I don't quite understand your question, can you elaborate?

But basically whenever you create your own sampler instrument (which is what you're doing), Logic will ask you to save that instrument, that's just the way it works. Go ahead and save it.

From the file browser, I am pressing control e which is the default key command for convert region to sampler track, as soon as I do that with my selected file I get,

"Save information of selected regions to audio file(s)? This will delete existing region information stored in file."

and if I click save, I just get a notification in the top right of my logic saying 1 audio file has been changed.

No esx track is opened asking me to save the esx instrument. Is it possible to get this convert region to sampler track command to work from the project audio browser?