Sampling with exs24??

Mattbrown

Hi guys,

I cant seem to load up single drum hits, samples etc in the exs24. When i go to load sample frrom my liabary it dos nt allow me to pick them, it only seems to like my sample cds that have their own exs24 settings.

I just want to use the esx as a sampler where i can load up my hits on to my midi controller, is this possible??

You need to click on the edit button just right of the loading window.

Here is where you can load your individual hits. This is real flexible but takes some time to set up.

You have to set up zones on the keyboard for your sounds to live in, assign a trigger key and so on.

Its not too tricky once you've done a few and theres plenty more cool stuff you can do here to....have a play!

Just for the record, this is where you need to be when setting up multichannel instruments too. Check the Group settings to assign different outputs.

Not sure if you've got round to this yet but basically (its never that basic in Logic as you probably know by now!) you can use 1 Multichannel EXS 24 (also goes for Ultrabeat) assign 14 separate outputs rooted to Aux, so that you can individually treat each drum or sound.

I've recently set this up and it really helps with getting the beats going. In the standard EXS set up, if you add effects to the channel strip, the whole kit/sound is treated.....sometimes cool but not always, this way you have much more control and creative possibilities.

There should be posts concerning this on the forum.

I've attached my Autoload song.

Check the different Environment layers for multichannel stuff.

You'll notice in the EXS Group window, EXS Output (or something like that) here you'll see that you can only choose 3-4, 5-6 etc. To assign only to 3 pan left, only 4 pan right.

Same for Ultrabeat, but the pan pot is found next to the blue volume fader (left hand side)

Autoload.lso