How to setup midi channels for Virus TI

philc80

So I put the VC into an empty instrument channel as a Multi instrument. Duplicated the tracks and then change midi channels on each one.

Problem is, when I change the midi channel on one of them, they all change to that same number.

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on what I need to do?

I have tried going through the virus tutorials and the videos.. and also looked at the sample song they provide. I still can't figure it out. Please help! Thanks.

So I put the VC into an empty instrument channel as a Multi instrument. Duplicated the tracks and then change midi channels on each one.

Hi,

Try one more time but change the MIDI channels of your Audio Instrument Channels in the environment.

Cheers.

When you duplicated the track, all you did was assign the same channel strip object to another arrange track. So whatever arrange track you select, you will see the same channel strip object being selected, and if you change the parameters, any arrange track assigned to that object will reflect those changes.

What you need to do is to use a Multi-instrument (I assume, I'm not a Virus user).

Step by step:

1) Choose Windows > Environment

2) Choose New > Multi Instrument

3) Cable the output of the new multi instrument object into the Audio Instrument channel strip that has the Virus instantiated. If it is in another layer of the environment (not currently visible), option-click the output of the new multi instrument object, and choose the correct Audio Instrument from the pop-up list.

4) Click each of the 16 squares (or as many as needed) in the multi instrument object to get rid of the strike through them.

5) Drag and drop the multi on the arrange window to create the tracks.

6) Choose File > Save as Template and name it "Virus template".

1) Choose an Audio Instrument Channel

2) Click+Hold I/O box and follow Multi Channel / AU Instruments / Access / Virus TI.

3) Then go to Environment(from the top menu / Windows / Environment or use shortcut default command+8

4) From the Environment Menu (Left side) change the ''MIDI Instr'' to ''Audio'' by clicking on it.

5) Then multiple select your Audio Instrument Channels from 2 - 16 and from the ''Channel'' menu on the left side, change your all tracks ''Channel'' to ''Inst 1''.

6) Finally change the MIDI channel numbers of your tracks one by one and start from 2(for 2nd track), 3(for 3rd track), 4........ etc.

Let us know after doing this if any problem occurs.

2) Click+Hold I/O box and follow Multi Channel / AU Instruments / Access / Virus TI.

3) Then go to Environment(from the top menu / Windows / Environment or use shortcut default command+8

4) From the Environment Menu (Left side) change the ''MIDI Instr'' to ''Audio'' by clicking on it.

5) Then multiple select your Audio Instrument Channels from 2 - 16 and from the ''Channel'' menu on the left side, change your all tracks ''Channel'' to ''Inst 1''.

6) Finally change the MIDI channel numbers of your tracks one by one and start from 2(for 2nd track), 3(for 3rd track), 4........ etc.

It works, I'm not sure I understand how, but it worked! Question is, everytime I start a new project, do I have to go through these steps again? Thanks everyone.

It works, I'm not sure I understand how, but it worked! Question is, everytime I start a new project, do I have to go through these steps again? Thanks everyone.

ok.. actually.. now when i go to the different channels.. no sound is coming out of any of them..