Freezing tracks...

stlpck

I recorded 2 steel guitar tracks, stereo, panned L&R. I'm using UAD plugins and I have to freeze tracks. When I freeze both steel tracks, only one track shows up on the meter, and you can barely hear the other track. Unfreeze one track and I get my stereo tracks back. One of the things I don't like about Logic is when you copy your original track and mute it then both tracks are frozen, if you freeze one of them. Is there a way to avoid this kind of interference? I've tried renaming tracks but that doesn't work either. In Sonar you can "archive" tracks and they stay in their original state. Pro Tools you can copy and paste and the original track stays untouched. Does Logic provide this kind of editing and I'm not aware of it? I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Not sure what is happening with your freezing, but if you want to copy the track to a new track, you have to click on "Inserts" on the Channel Strip, choose "Copy Channel Strip Setting", then from the Arrange's local menu choose Track > Create Multiple, create a new track (Audio or Instrument), click on "inserts" on the new track's Channel strip, and choose "Paste Channel Strip Setting".

Now you can freeze one and not the other.