Beach ball curse

zurdyo

Hey all,

I've been working for many hours editing an hour and a half spoken word project. I got to a point where I wanted to change the tuning of some sections, so I turned on the Flex Pitch function. It took a long while to analyze the whole file. When it was finally done, I attempted to change the tuning of a short sentence and LPX crashed. When I reopened the project, I could choose between the last auto-saved version and the previous saved version. Unfortunately I chose to save the project after the long analyzation process. So now I'm having the beach ball show up and spin until forever every time I open either version of this project, making it impossible for me to export it or do anything with it.

Is there any way to get my project back or is it gone forever?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Z

Alternatively you could try rebuilding the project file:

1) Open a new empty project with one external MIDI track.

2) In the All Files Browser, navigate to your project and open it so you can see all the tracks. Also disclose the Global tracks.

3) Select all tracks and all media and import.

4) Delete the external MIDI track.

Alternatively you could try rebuilding the project file:

1) Open a new empty project with one external MIDI track.

2) In the All Files Browser, navigate to your project and open it so you can see all the tracks. Also disclose the Global tracks.

3) Select all tracks and all media and import.

4) Delete the external MIDI track.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Although I left the project with the spinning ball open all night and at a certain point it stopped, it's now slow and choppy. So after rebooting, I did what you suggested. But, instead of copying everything, I only copied the track that I was pasting all the spoken audio bits together in. After that operation, Logic has gone to the familiar beach ball, it's using over 100% of the CPU and is essentially frozen again.

Might there be corrupted audio files in the track that cause these crashes? I'm using no plug-ins.

Thanks,

Z