MIDI FX for track stacks

Revs

I don't think there's such a thing, but I wish you could add MIDI effects (like an Arpeggiator) to track stacks. :)

Such a useful feature that I am missing a lot. Especially when you have many synths layered and want them to act as one.

Yup that's how I do it now. Still probably uses more CPU and also isn't very flexible if you want to change something :lol:

I'm sure that one day we'll have aux tracks with the ability to add MIDI effects!

Woo!

In the mean time, you can still achieve what you want by loading your MIDI FX's on a channel strip where the external instrument plug-in sends data out an IAC bus. The data will go through the MIDI FX's and loop back into Logic through IAC.You just need to be careful/aware of MIDI feedback loops and how to avoid them. Not a big deal though.

J.

• 3 weeks later...
Would be great to have. I often run out of MIDI FX slots for child tracks, so it would be great if the ones shared between all of them could be placed at a higher level. Hopefully this would be introduced and work with nested summing stacks.