File not found / error -43 issue

cali316

Hey all,

I've scoured the forums trying to find an answer to this but to no avail, and I'm seriously about to put my fist through a wall (not trying to be cool here, just frustrated...).

In short, I am currently working on a project where I'm scoring an independent film. In the past 2 weeks, Logic has gotten incredibly unstable. I've tried every troubleshooting step I could think of and even made the proxy movie about as low of quality as I could. That being said I finally decided to wipe my drive and get a fresh install of OS X and Logic (it was about that time anyway). I'm currently running Logic Pro 7.2.3, OS 10.4.8 and ProApp 3.1 (ProApp 4 seemed to have caused some strange issues for me).

I finally have OS X and Logic Pro up and running - now what's happening is that I can no longer open this session. Logic starts to load, seems to get about half way through and then unexpectedly quits every single time - and I've tried all saved versions of the song. I keep getting the same error which is "file not found / error - 43." I've tried rebuilding perms / trashing prefs, etc... still get the same results.

The only thing I can possibly think of doing that maybe I shouldn't have, is removing the freeze files / folder from this session - and I did that before disabling the freeze function in the actual session. Is it possible that Logic is trying to sync up / locate these freeze files? And if so, is there a way to unlink them from the session?

I know it's a stretch, but I have some great work in this session that I absolutely do not want to lose. Even the backup sessions won't open - same error every single.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated! Thank you.

Well... here's a bit of an update (and maybe this will help someone else in the future).

Found a cool little troubleshooting step in Apple's kbase - if you press and hold the Control key immediately after Logic launches, it gives you the option to disable the audio driver. I did and now the session opens without fail. At least now I can export all of my MIDI files (piano / string / synth) parts and import them into the new session.

Not sure what I did but this session is completely hosed. At least with this neat little trick I was able to get in, grab some files, take some screenshots, etc...

What a complete and total pain in the ass... :shock: :x