Applying flex pitch edits to audio

letmylightshine

I am newish to Logic,not DAWs though.If this has,and I am sure somewhere it has,been covered already I apologize.I would really appreciate any help.

I am editing my vocals with flex pitch,once I have finished how do I apply that to the file(destructively or permanently)I have looked at the bouncing options and I don't understand how to do that.

Thanks so much for your help

That's very strange!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.1.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Ok,so I have the part,one audio region and flex time is turned on globally and on the track,so what exactly do I do to permanently apply the flex time?

One thing I don't understand is if you bounce a track do you need to have the flex time turned on the track while you bounce it?Then after do you just turn off the flex button on the track and globally?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue. It drives me nuts. I use flex pitch and/or timing adjustments but when I bounce in place or export to audio file, the file/track that is generated reverts back to its original unflexed state.

The same thing happens if I create a new track and then copy/paste the audio to that new track - UNLESS I create: Track/Other/Create a new track with duplicate settings. If I do this, the copy/pasted audio will copy across properly UNTIL I got into the library and choose a different sample (eg. say the vox was flexed with Fuzz vocal and I change it to Edge vocal). Once I do that all the flexing reverts back to its unflexed state.

All work has been done on the same machine, DAW, etc.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
I am having the same problem as jbilman... anyone have answers? If I bounce a track, the flex pitch adjustments are not applied to the new track. If Track A is my original track, I would like to create a new track based on it that applies the flex pitch adjustments --- in a way that I cannot revert back to the original audio.