anyone had "loop click"?

erfmufn

Well the journey of discovery continues.. and I'm very much enjoying Logic Pro the more I play with it!

Thought I'd ask the forum just in case anyone knows the reason why sometimes when looping an audio region by going to the upper right edge and dragging across, I end up with a distinct "click" every time the playback goes past a "join" in the looping regions.

There's nothing popping in the audio.. I know because if I try copy and gluing instead of looping, it sounds fine no clicks.. only when its looping some (but not all) audio regions. I must be doing something wrong, any thoughts?

It is probably because the start or end of your audio region isn't at a neat, zero-crossing point.

However, if the region is an exact amount of bars in length, if you increase or decrease its length by just a tiny amount to find a better loop point & then have it looping through the whole track eventually it will be out of sync with the tempo.

You could find the best loop points in the Sample Editor which is going to change your Region length slightly as described above. Create a new audio file from that Region & turn that into an Apple Loop, although I'm not sure how succesful a sustained pad sound will work as a timestretchable Apple Loop & I imagine it is more likely this type of sound that might be giving you clicks.

Another solution is to put a tiny fade, or re-draw the waveform at the start & end in the Sample Editor, so they are both going down to the zero line. Again make sure you are working on a copy of the original audio file if you want to preserve that.

Seems odd that if I simply copy and glue instead of loop there is no click?

Even if the audio region is not "0" at the start and end, or even if they don't "tile" nicely, there still shouldn't be a "click" sound.. it should just play what's there?