midi & audio not syncing/output of high pitched noise.

fifthflaw

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. Ive been experiencing problems with Logic Pro 7.1 when in use with my MOTU 896HD interface. All was working fine until a couple of days ago when on launch I couldnt get any output of my projects through logic. When playing a project logic is not outputting any audio just a high pitched squealing sound for a few seconds before the project stops and I get a "problem syncing audio and midi" message. When I stop playing the project the high pitched noise continues for a few seconds.

My main machine is a g5 powermac with 2.5gig ram. I have performed a full reinstall of OSX to no avail and have tried using my G4 mac mini only to be confronted with the same problem. I would be greatful if anybody out there could offer any guidance on this problem. I am in the middle of an important project which needs to be finished asap and am wondering whether this is a software setting problem or an issue with the interface.

Thanks in advance.

Pete