problem solved!

• 1 month later...

Logic Pro Help forum rule # 7 (rules.php)

7) Update your thread with your results

If someone took the time to answer your thread, take the time to update the thread to tell them if their answer helped you or not. It's basic etiquette to thank the person who took the time to help you, and it's also very useful for anyone else reading the thread to know if the suggested solution worked or not.

If you solve your own problem, please take a minute to update your thread and explain how you solved it, however obvious the solution was. In the future, someone with the same problem may search the forum and find your thread. If you've simply updated your thread with "problem fixed", that's.. enraging! If you explain how you fixed it, it's a big help for that user.

Oh damn, sorry for my teenage girl response to your chastisement. Thanks for posting #7, I totally agree. But the timestamps show as I was trying to delete this thread, that it had never involved anybody else. I am also never going to remember what my original post was, I'm really sorry. My knowledge gaps are spread across many areas, and I sometimes come across like an absolute hack when I try to compose questions in this forum, lol. Sometimes, they go unanswered for awhile, which is totally fine, it happens, and that's why I thought I could delete my post myself. Your forum is always a pleasure, and very helpful, but sometimes I head to other places for the same answer, only to find the solution. Basically, my question never garnered a response until a couple days after I had solved it myself, and even then, the only response was Eric posting a friendly non-answer, so I didn't think any expertise was lost. Still, your point is well taken, and I'm sorry if this was disruptive or annoying in any way.