Use "Score" to automatically view selected regions

Rjackson87

Hi there,

Is there any way to use the Score window in such a way that I can select multiple regions on multiple channels in the Main Window, then automatically view them through the Score window, in the same way that the Piano Roll window general shows what's selected (assuming the link mode is turned on)?

Cheers!

Rich

It cannot be done as dynamically as the Piano Roll. That is, you can't select and unselect regions and have them appear in Score. This would be a welcome feature.

But you can run the command Score > Layout > Create Score Set from Selection. This will create a Score Set and let you view what you have selected. The downside is, each time you add and subtract a region, you have to run the command again. Hence, it is non dynamic. The Score Set you create will be saved and self-titled according to the tracks it includes. You'll see it listed in Filter in LPX.

"Create Score Set from Selection" also has an assignable key command.

Something you might find useful is to select in the Arrange Window a series of regions of instruments you want to see and open a Score Editor window with those regions - then assign that to a different screen set then lock that screen set. e.g. when doing an arrangement you could Screenset 1 as viewing just the whole arrange page zoomed out.

Then select say tpt alto and tenor regions on their tracks and open the Score Editor > Create Score Set from Selection ( usually I give it my own name) then Duplicate the Screenset to say 2 and lock it.

Press 1 and you are back in Screenset 1 - Press 2 and you have just the horns. You can move back and forth between the two.

I usually make a separate Screenset also for ALL instruments in Linear mode .. and you can see the entire score whenever you wish.

Hope that helps!