Saving an Ultrabeat "session"

erfmufn

The other day a weird thing happened, I double clicked in the channel strip on an existing ultrabeat sequencer that I had already customized with a few drum tweaks and 2 patterns which were in the arrangement.

Suddenly.. I had a default ultrabeat.. my patterns reverted to some crappy default beat and the kit went back to an untweaked soul kit. Patterns in the arrangment changed too. I don't know how I did it.

I know I can save drum sets (which should save tweaking), but how can I save a "sequence" such that I can pull it into future projects on different sets? Is it possible?

Yeh I'm not sure. I have the default logic pro key settings.

I usually just save the song and this preserves all my sequences the next time I open it.

But what you saying is if I want to transfer a sequence between two songs I can save the whole set, load it into the new song as a new ultrabeat instance, and then copy the pattern and paste it into the new song's first ultrabeat?

In fact, I'd suggest that whenever you are really rolling along with UB tweaking, UB sequence programming, etc... that you save the preset (using the plug in local save menu) periodically. There will be cases where counting on the Logic Song capturing all of your tweaks could fail and it is a real drag. This is something to think about for all plug in tweaks, IMHO.

John

Thanks guys.. yes, it was drag I was totally groovin to a beat I'd written and had it all arranged in the track, when I lost it and had to remember the sequences from my head. The tweaks of course were harder to remember since UB is a space ship.