Problem With Logic Pro 7.2 & G4 Laptop

dazzgriff

Hi, i have a G4 Powerbook set up with Logic Pro 7.2, i dont use it for music very much as I have my power pc G5 for that. I was on my laptop last night & realized how crap logic runs on my G4. I constantly get the message "Error with midi etc" when my music is running and when u close songs and re open all my Audio Units dissapear! :x

This has been happening on this laptop since logic 7.0 onwards. Also i did contact emagic ages ago about the error message and they told me to switch the journaling off on the HD

Just wondering why the poor performance?

Thanks

Its a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHZ 1.5GB RAM thats part of my signature :lol: !

My I/O setting etc are set to max like my G5, good point next time I am on it I will bring up the system performance meter. Maybe G4 laptops are not powerful to run logic pro :? The probs start when u are looping a few apple loops and 1 or 2 softsynths. Just worried as I am planning on using my laptop live and that message would get on my tits! :x

Cheers

I was using a 1GHz Powerbook, it could be a horsepower issue, I pretty much had to freeze most tracks, but when I encounterted that error I just cut off the dialog. It's the warning itself that stops playback.

It can also happen if you have a midi controller that constantly outputting data.

8)