Can reason 3 sound banks be converted to logic pro 7

shriscean

i've been using reason 3 since last summer and i used an mpc 3000 b4 reason. that signature "hit" from my drum sounds in which any 3000 user is familiar with is what i'm looking for and logic pro 7 has a sound that comes quite close but i've gotten so use to using reason i dont wanna abandon my sound banks. is there any one out there that knows if this type of conversion is possible and if so how do i do it?

There are a couple of sample translation softwares out there such as Chicken System's Translator but as far as I know Reason uses proprietary formats that can not be translated.

You could always do it manually, recording the output of Reason into Logic, and if that sounds like an impossible task because you have a lot of samples to translate, check out Redmatica's auto-sampler!

Reason Soundbanks are typically stored in "ReFills." There is no official way to unpack a refill, although I'm sure that someone somewhere has figured out how to do this.

If you got that original sound out from your Refill you could do whatever you please with it anywhere you'd like (EXS sample, play it in Ultrabeat, to name a few).

Why not just Rewire Logic and Reason together? You'd be able to use Reason as you normally do now, just that you can get your audio output from Reason directly into Logic. PLUS, you'd be able to use Logic's sequencer for Reason - essentially treating Reason as another soundbank.

This is a wicked tool but unfortunately if you use logic you have to quit before using autosampler as logic wont share midi ports and autosampler needs a midi signal. if there was away around this then it would be amazing. the other way it would benefit from not needing a midi signal is for sampling old analogue gear that doesn't have midi...