Timeline Starting at Bar 1

fattymatthews

Hi Guys

My project is currently set to start from -7 bar, it then counts up to 0 and then bar 1 kicks in on the timeline.

I know how you can put you cursour at the far left of timeline and it changes shape which enables you to drag the time line. But i cant get it to move back to 0.

Can someone advise me where i have gone wrong?!

Cheers

This is likely happening because there's automation data that extends backwards towards bar -7. See, Logic does not allow for a condition where automation data only starts at a particular bar. As soon as a single node is present, Logic automatically adds another automation node at the song start point. In this case, bar -7. It may even extend back to -8 or -9. And if automation exists there, you won't be able to move the start point forward in time from where it is.

About the only way to correct this problem is to either delete all automation data and then change your song start point, or, less drastically, move all automation data to region automation but this can require a lot of steps. I won't outline them just yet because the behavior of automation is (purportedly) slightly different from 7.1 and 7.2, and whether or not a particular procedure will work or not depends on which version you're running. So... which version are you running?

[edited for clarity]