My Aggregate device stopped working

doubledave2222

I was simply listening to itunes when i heard a minor click and all the sudden no more sound. I did a little ground work and my 8pre worked on its own, and my M Box 2 worked on its own as well. I had the aggregate device working great with both the 8pre and the Mbox 2 in unison, but all the sudden i cant seem to get them to work together anymore.

Im running these through logic on my Macbook Pro Mac Os X.

I also tried deleting the existing aggregate device and creating it again and that did not work either.

any ideas?

okay i figured it out. One thing to keep in mind with aggregate devices is when you actual make them, you have to make sure the one with the outputs is on top. I thought by clicking use clock for 8pre that it would be the default output. I kept that but i moved the 8pre (where my monitors are hooked up to) up above the mbox.

One last question before i get going, is there anyway to limit the amount of inputs logic sees or perhaps name them? I currently have 22 inputs but only 10 of them can i directly use. The 8pre shows 16 because you can hook up a device to get 8 more, but i dont have that device. Then the Mbox shows 6 for some reason when i really only get two (i guess two are direct lines, two are microphone inputs, and two are analog. I can only use two of these at a time though).

Long story short, i want to somehow wipe out the unusable inputs and keep only the ones i use. Possible?

And with the sample rate on the mbox, i do have problems on occassion i get some funky feedback on my inputs. I just have to switch it from 44100 to 48000 and back in order for it to stop. Kinda funky.

well it did seem to matter which i put on top. The one on top for some reason was the one that was the main output, even if i changed the settings inside audio midi setup.

Anyway, i named the tracks and i guess i cant hide the unusable input oh well.

This sample rate thing is really a pain in the ass. I plug my guitar into my mbox and after about two minutes it starts to sound really poppy and funky. I have to change the settings from 44100 to 48000 and then back for it to go away for another two minutes. I have no idea how to prevent this.

Also, is there any way to set logic to immediately launch a session rather than when i open it it starts a new session?

This sample rate thing is really a pain in the ass. I plug my guitar into my mbox and after about two minutes it starts to sound really poppy and funky. I have to change the settings from 44100 to 48000 and then back for it to go away for another two minutes. I have no idea how to prevent this.

Easy: dump the M-box and get something else :wink: !!

Also, is there any way to set logic to immediately launch a session rather than when i open it it starts a new session?

I think you can set your preference to have it open the last track you worked on... not sure.. not in front of Logic at the moment.

i guess i cant hide the unusable input oh well.

No, you can't.

Edited by David Nahmani