any dvd's on the market that teach logic well?

shriscean

thanx. i kid you not, i've been doing tracks since the the mpc 3000 came out in '95. i taught myself how to use that, the triton keyboard, i taught my self reason but if it wasnt for the way these drum knock hard thru logic i would drop the box off a building. this is by far the most difficult piece of music hardware or software i've ever encountered

I bought all three of the Ask Video dvd's. I tried watching them before I had started using logic and found that the narrator talked too fast and spent too much time rattling off different key commands, rather than explaining what situations they would be helpfull in. I also found his accent to be somewhat destracting but I think I just have a.d.d.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE! ... After a few months of fiddling with logic, and going through martin stitters book, I found that the dvds were a great reference tool. Each dvd is divided into about 30 short videos, so if you forget how to use say....cycle record, then you can click on that video and get a quick visual demonstration. :D

I completely agree about those ASK Videos. To me, it was a lot of rattling off "this is what you do" without enough of "an example of using this function in a session is" stuff. I cannot recommend the ASK DVD's although the layout and interface is great. I must also mention that their spokesmodel Brittany, should have her own video series. Not sure what it should be about, I just wanted to see more of her. In a professional sense of course. :wink: