Logic crashs if I work too fast...

Eric Wikman

People who use computers everyday can get a fast workflow going.

I remember long ago, being happy that my old Macs ( IIvx even!) ...could string together commands I would give it in any given program, and I could sit back and watch it go thru them until it caught up with them all.

These days with Logic, it seems if I tell it to do something (like play) ... before it's quite finished with my previous command... it can't handle it... and crashes.

Gone... goodbye.

I get a good workflow going, and it tells me to slow down.

Cubase doesn't behave like this, nor does Final Cut... etc.

Am I alone with this observation?

Thanks

Eric

I remember long ago, being happy that my old Macs ( IIvx even!) ...could string together commands I would give it in any given program, and I could sit back and watch it go thru them until it caught up with them all.

These days with Logic, it seems if I tell it to do something (like play) ... before it's quite finished with my previous command... it can't handle it... and crashes.

Gone... goodbye.

Thanks

Eric

It depends. What is Logic trying to finish when you hit play?

I'm not sure when it happens. I just seem to get into a flow.... and suddenly I realize it crashed and the only common denominator is that I was hitting keystrokes and moving the session along.

Like I said, I dont remember the Mac not being able to line up and execute commands... if that is what I'm dealing with here.

Even just two things it seems.

I'm just looking for insight on how to aviod this, if possible.

Doesn't anyone else see this ever?

There is def a "love/dis-like" thing going on here for me with Logic & Apple.

I have been an Apple supported (to say the least) for so many years.

Too many mysteries about errors and such, and no real feedback... insight... from the "Horse's Mouth".

Maybe they are too big for personal touch things, but for years on the Cubase forum, I could send a list of 15-20 questions & issues, and would get a "long" personal response from Greg Ondo (Steinberg guru) or even one of the programmers when I was having troubles with my Digidesign AudioMedia II card)..., trying to help me out, and explaining in detail, and some work arounds etc.

Now they don't even really moderate very much on the Apple forum any longer since Yamaha bought them.... so oh well.

If it wasn't for David & Jay here, we would really be in the dark.

Gone... goodbye.

Thanks

Eric

its starting to happening to me an off lot lately.realy pisses me off having to start logic back up :evil: