iPhone or not iPhone?

OK I'm still undecided. My Razr is getting old and pretty unusable. Its specialty is to cut any important conversation short (it usually works fine when the conversation is not important).

I keep getting back and forth about the iPhone. It's great! But it's expensive.... but the plan is cheap!... but Edge is slow... but it's got wifi! But it doesn't have flash... but it's got YouTube!... and an iPod (I don't own an iPod, never have)! But only 8GB... but it's got maps! But no GPS... but live traffic info!

Anyone here considering taking the plunge? I'd love to wait for v2.0 but I really need a new phone, like, 6 months ago.

Go for it.

The iPhone will get software updates from time to time that will add features that aren't hardware reliant. Version 2 is for wusses and scaredeecats.

I would get one, but no one ever calls me. So what's the point in a phone?

I have a "large screen" iPod and bought a mic attachment so that I can record ideas and the like. Invaluable and I'm sure they'll have that stuff for the iPhone as well. Since you've never owned an iPod, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I hated the idea originally, but it is quite useful (see above). Not to mention movies, music, and games (soon coming to the iPhone too).

X

I hope... it's not you driving!!!

I think I'm getting an iPhone. As soon as I have a mn, I'll go to the AT&T store.

i was in the passengers seat... ;)

David, of all the issues covered on any Apple related forum (despite what X says :lol: ) you should know that Apple never gets anything right the 1st time around.

Then again I bought the 1st MBP, but I had to send it back within a month. Go figure.

I went to buy one... sold out! :(

I'm not too worried about getting a 1st rev iPhone. I hope the main issues will be fixed by software fixes and I am guessing Apple will now focus on Leopard and new iPods and new Macs, so probably no new iPhone hardware for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep releasing iPhone software updates.

And either way I just really need a phone, and really want an iPod, so it seems like a good choice.

my mom got one on opening night, its still not activated(plus she's an AT&T customer) so her regular phone is out.So no phone, just an expensive paper weight and frustration mounting.Glad to hear some have it working, but Apple is really annoying the crap out of me right now.I am over their elitist , we can do no wrong attitude.Their products are crap now, too many QC issues.Updates shrouded in silence, what are they the mafia.

my mom got one on opening night, its still not activated(plus she's an AT&T customer) so her regular phone is out.So no phone, just an expensive paper weight and frustration mounting.Glad to hear some have it working, but Apple is really annoying the crap out of me right now.I am over their elitist , we can do no wrong attitude.Their products are crap now, too many QC issues.Updates shrouded in silence, what are they the mafia.

Wow... that sucks! Especially since you can't even start syncing it or learning to use it while it's not activated. Sorry to hear that! But the activation problems seem to be AT&T problems, not Apple. Either way it sucks.

Oh well in any case it doesn't look like I'm getting one anytime soon since they're sold out. Unless tomorrow morning....?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...