Recording audio through rewire

Meezy

Hello,

Sorry if this is covered already could someone direct me to the correct post.

I usually bounce loop to aiff from Reason and then import them into Logic but I decided it's about time to learn how to do this proberly. Before I get into setting up seperate instruments in reason to seperate tracks in Logic I wanted to see if I could just get Left and Right channels working properly first.

I have 2 instrument channels set up one for RW:MixL and one for RW:Mix R, I want to record the audio of each instrument seperatly by soloing one instrument at a time in Reason and recording it as audio into Logic. I know this is a silly way of doing it but. . .baby steps :D

Know I can't record audio onto an instrument track so I sent the outputs to bus 1 and 2 (LandR). Then I changed the channel of 2 audio tracks to bus 1 and 2 so that I have them in the arrange window. Now I soloed a track in Reason and Hit record in Logic but it didn't record the audio. :(

What have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Meezy

PS. If someone tells me the only way to do this is to solo the tracks in Logic and bounce to disc to create audio files that then need to be imported back into Logic then I'll be so dissapointed that I might start using Pro Tools again! :twisted:

When using ReWire, audio doesn't get recorded into Logic (or Host applications in general, afaik). It simply routes the audio from the Rewire Slave into the host.

I think you may be running into problems because you've set up Instrument channels, not Rewire Audio. It looks like you've routed things a little differently, so I can't tell exactly where your problem is.

Make sure your Reason devices are getting cabled directly to the "Audio Interface" in Reason (the unit at the very top of the Reason Rack) - RW:Mix L and RW:Mix R are the first 2 channels. If you're using the ReMix mixer this is usually done by default, but you need to confirm that audio is getting to those channels.

If you want to actually have an audio file from your Reason instruments, you could simply solo your ReWire audio tracks, bounce the audio, and make sure to set the option to add the result to the audio window. Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but I don't believe ProTools does it any better, and I think the way you're trying to do it is even more difficult.