Key Comm behavior?

Eric Wikman

I set up a keyComm to take me back to "where ever I last started playback".

Sorry, I'm not in front of Logic right now for the correct term. :)

In Cubase, I think it was called stop/start, and as I work though recording along a track, punching in & out, I can, at any time ... hit my = key and jump back to whenever I last started... and make another take from that same exact point in the timeline. I use this constantly. It's just easier for me to place the SPL on the timeline and approach the punch in area, than setting up many drops each time.

My issue is that it's not working like I really need it to, as it will take me right back to the same starting place... UNLESS i did hit record, and then it takes me not back to my roll point, but to where I punched in... so this messes up the roll point. Why would they make it behave like that? In cubase, I could use this, and it always returned to the SPL where I started from... and not where I decided to punch in!

This works great if I am only editing... I roll over the edit, while making any adjustments, and the reach for the = key, and jump back to hear my results, without ever hitting stop or having to cue back each time. Real time saver... just keep hitting that = key 25 times while adjusting a comp or audio edit.

But I would like this to work without that punch in area over=riding the actual start point. That way there is no roll-up to the punch area.

Im I doing something wrong? ... hope so.