Logic Pro X - 10.2 is out

B_Stone

Hi all, sorry for asking, but... how do you update the iBooks version of the manuals?

On my MBP, in iBooks, no update appears for these 3 at all. On my iPad, in the updates section, I can see these 3 with an August 26, 2015 date, but when I touch the update button, after it turns to "downloading" for a few seconds, it reverts to "update" and nothing has happened, I'm stuck with the version of the manual dated January 2015 (applying to LPX 10.1), nothing about Alchemy in the Instruments manual for instance... I'm a bit puzzled here.

Finally, if search for "logic pro X" directly in the iBooks store (either from my Mac or my MBP), I only can find the 10.1 version dated January 2015.

The URL links to the web version posted by oscwilde work fine of course (thanks!) but I'm do not always have an internet connection so I really need the iBooks version as well.

If any one can help, thanks a lot in advance.

Hi all, I reply to myself here because I found the solution on another forum and maybe it's useful that I share it here.

It's not a region issue as someone else had suggested. It's a bug in iBooks. To solve it, do the following:

* In iBooks, delete the manuals, go to the iBooks Store and download them again (irrespective of the wrong date)

* If you use iBooks on several devices (like I do) synchronize them after the step above.

Et voilà!

Hope this helps others here.

Best regards,

Arnaud

• 1 year later...
[

When you right-click a knob, a "go to modulation" would be very helpful to track down the source of something you want to change.  The only thing you can do now is clear it entirely, what if you don't want to do that and just back it down a tad?  It could really use some work.

lol

OK...I think I see where things might be confusing.

Left click a param in the synth section - say Cutoff in the main filter. It (the knob) turns blue and updates the Mod Rack below.

A scroll bar appears if there are more than 4-5 mod sorces for the selected target (Cutoff knob).

You can use the Bypass button for any mod destination in the rack, or can use the Mod Rack menus to remove/replace a mod routing.

Routings can also be added with the right-click on a parameter.

Mod rack Depth knobs let you control each routing.

This doesn't work with any of the parameters in the modulation panel, like the release knob of an ADSR modulator. They don't highlight when clicked. Obviously it would be tricky to display recursive modulations in the same mod panel, but still counter-intuitive. I like what Native Instruments did with Massive: Next to each parameter there are slots that display assigned modulation sources. With Alchemy's mod parameters you're forced to navigate through the Show Target menu (which is accessed via a toggle button, which is again counter-intuitive UI design).