Uninstall Plugins?

seclusion

Hey guys

I was trying to move my spectrasonics folder off my main drive and on to my samples hard drive. In doing so I keep getting the error " unable to find element Sound Check" make sure it's installed etc.

The RMX doesn't have an uninstaller and when I reran the installer without changing anything (left to default) it still shows the error.

I've pulled the Sage folder out deleted that, the component out of users/me/library/application support/spectrasonics. Deleted everything, repaired permissions reinstalled, still screwed. Is there another area i need to delete anything related to RMX so that I can do a totally fresh install?

thanks

Brian

Hey guys

I was trying to move my spectrasonics folder off my main drive and on to my samples hard drive. In doing so I keep getting the error " unable to find element Sound Check" make sure it's installed etc.

The RMX doesn't have an uninstaller and when I reran the installer without changing anything (left to default) it still shows the error.

I've pulled the Sage folder out deleted that, the component out of users/me/library/application support/spectrasonics. Deleted everything, repaired permissions reinstalled, still screwed. Is there another area i need to delete anything related to RMX so that I can do a totally fresh install?

thanks

Brian

Unfortunately, I think your spectrasonics libraries have to be in your component folder. I've tried to use aliases in the component folder and put the original on external hard drive but It just does not work....

ask spectrasonics support, maybe they have the solution

info@spectrasonics.net

Thanks

Ya I have an email into Spec as well.

Long weekend up here, just trying to get a quick answer.

My spectrasonics folder was at me/library/library/application support/spectrasonics.

I've moved it to

Tiger/Library/Audio/Plugins/Components/Spectrasonics

Hope that works.

Thank-you

Brian

Hiya,

I think you might need to move the whole SAGE folder to wherever it's going to go. And then the structure should be:

user/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE

(the SAGE bit is an alias to the folder that's now living on the external drive)

Sorry - it made more sense, when I was looking at it in the finder!

Cheers,

Madoc.

[/img]

1780708676_Picture2.png.a38b34400244ccdeb930f575047e5261.png

There´s a workaround for moving your sage libary.

move the samples/libaries to the wished destination

then make an "symbolic link" of the moved folder (which is an alias, but an alias which looks to programms like a real folder/ check help or google on how to make a symbolic link)

Best way to do it is with the complete SAGE folder, but its possible to place the subfolders in different locations to. But u have to use symbolic link not alias, otherwise stylus does not recognise the folders.

Currently your SAGE folder resides at User/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics. I have my Sage Folder on a separate Firewire Drive and just an Alias at User/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics. Works just fine. Can't remember where exactly but i got this information from Spectrasonics somewhere along the line

Thanks for everything guys.

I've had to do a reinstall of everything as something was really wrong with Logic Pro. So during the reinstall I did a custom install and put things elsewhere and all is working great with the Sage folder on my samples HD.

thanks again.

FYI, stop playing with you're DAW, don't download a bunch of stuff to try as eventually things go wrong.

Later