have you lot seem this, check the new plug

macintonwa

There were a lot of comments made about future versions of plugins for Logic .... or should I call it speculation?

At any rate - check out this THREAD

yea I know, revamped logic plugs but this is new, delay designer! and yes it could be speculation but I DON'T THINK SO... and at this stage it is not in STPro as the others plugs you directed me to are, I down loaded those manuals the day apple put them up :!:

Yup, I was just playing with this thing. Seems cool. It didn't have any presets for me to try so I'll have to spend some time with it and see what it sounds like. However, not having it available in Logic makes it about as useful as tits on a boar hog.

Good god, did I actually just say that?!

Yup, I was just playing with this thing. Seems cool. It didn't have any presets for me to try so I'll have to spend some time with it and see what it sounds like.

Hey fader8,

Does it use IRs like SoundDesigner?

X

Does it use IRs like SoundDesigner?

No. It's a fancy multi-tap delay. 26 taps actually and you have a lot of control of each tap in musical ways, eg pan filter cutoff, rez, transpose, timing, level, etc. Each tap has its own voice editor. I had no trouble making a pretty decent melodic 2-bar percussion loop from just one industrial hit sample.

It's not really intended as a delay for "fattening" and "mutilating" but more like a 26 step sequencer. You can even tap in your delay points with a MIDI pad controller if you have a pattern in mind.

As such, right now it's great for making loops in soundtrack pro and dropping them into Logic. It's definitely cool!

hi, apple are starting to leak features of the up coming LP release.

subtle, eh?

they get everyone speculating on these plugs - lotsa free advertising.

emagic had a habit of doing the same.

around the time LPlat4 came out, there were a lot of plug-in pics floating around with emagic'y looking GUI's. i remember seeing the multipressor cunningly inserted in ads, promo's, etc., but it wasn't part of logic's plugs at the time.

some of these "new" plugs and improvements to older ones have probably been in existance for some time.

the compressor featured lately on other forums, seems to have ~6 modes of operation - vintage opto and electro are just two.

anyway, i sure the next LP version will feature most of these.

i'm as keen as the next user to see what apple has in store for logic.

S. Jobs was quoted recently saying that future macs will be "off the scale" as far as specs are concerned.

hmmm.

best, david r.