Uninstall Logic fresh install

seclusion

Hey everyone.

On my new MacPro, 1 gig with 250 gig os drive and a 320 gig sata 2nd drive with 7.2.3

I have been getting a few colored rainbow things happening with Logic Pro that I'd like to eliminate ASAP, can't bounce (rainbow), try to setup Global Audio Path (rainbow). Can someone walk me through the steps of deleting the preferences and even Logic totally to eliminate any possible corruption with it? Also pulling any 3rd party Au's that may be causing havoc. I have a couple of trials in there that will run our soon.

I've just gone from a G4 to a MacPro. I've copied a few of the PCC songs over but I haven't really done anything yet. I did do a partition of the main drive and play with a copy of Leopard quickly, but I deleted it again.

Just wondering if I need to do even a fresh install of OS X?

I've done Oynx cleanups, repaired permissions which have come back as no repairs necessary. Also awaiting my new 4 gig ram upgrade, just sold my G4 and that's all it will pay for is $400 worth of ram. :(

I am also buying 2 new Seagate 500 gig Sata 2 drives and keep my current 320 gig drive for a bunch of apps!

Thanks for anything

You can search "uninstall" in this forum for a list of all the files you need to delete before reinstalling Logic. Preferences are in ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/, so delete the whole folder.

When you mess around a lot with your system and software, and you're getting a lot of problems, it's sometimes good to just restart from scratch. Pull your OS X install discs, open disc utility and do a clean wipe of your drive, reinstall OS X, reinstall Logic and get to work. Then slowly add 3rd party plugs, working a couple of days with one before you install another. That way if instability comes back you know which one is the culprit, and you just have to uninstall that one.

Thanks David,

That's what I did, a fresh install, as something had gone wonky there for sure.

For a bit more then a week everything was really nice. But as you say I installed everything under the sink just to see if everything was UB.

Have you heard of anything about the 10.4.10 version being unstable at all?

Everything I've read so far has been positive.

Thanks

Brian

Back to some authorizing... :shock:

Later