Virtual Instruments

carrmar

I have enjoyed using MOTU Ethno Instrument and Fxpansion BFD within Logic. But yestersay I decided to purchase the East West Fab Four instrument, because I wanted more acoustic virtual instruments to play with.

I should have saved the money and put it toward a RAM upgrade for my Mac Pro.

The crapiness of the Fab Four instrument cannot be expressed in words. It might have been a worthwhile product if it cost $150-$200, but this thing is almost $400.

You are warned: don't buy this thing. There are only a couple of useable instruments. It all sounds FAKE.

hmm... thats the first negative user review I've heard about fab four. The demos from users I've heard really sound good.

Btw: consider another headline for your thread. Simply writing "Virtual Instruments" is REALLY misleading

You're right. The title is deceptive...but I was trying to lure prospective buyers to this post so they could hear something other than marketing hype about Fab Four.

My initial anger (with myself) at buying this product has begun to subside. I am calm now.

To be fair: the drums sound great, one of the bass sounds (and its various articulations) is awesome, and the Sitar is also great. There are a couple of other cool ones.

But are those things worth $400? No way!

I am not exaggerating when I say that the guitar sounds are terrible. There are none of the necessary nuances in between the striking of notes that make guitars sound like guitars. Honestly, the samples just sound like cheesy synths.

The demos on their site are very deceptive. Real world results will not sound as good.

Ok. I'm done. My next post will definitely pertain to Logic.

Sorry. Sorry.

I agree that the first part is pretty bad, but I reckon it's the fast programming. This was done in 5 minutes, so you'll probably guess what might happen after just 10.

I figure if you want beatles sound it IS good, since all the sound processing has already been done to sound just like them

Edited by bryla