Logic Pro 7 not opening

TheSubtleRealm

My Logic Pro 7 is not opening (well not completely true) it begins the opening

process, then shuts down when it reaches a place called, Launching DAE.

I restarted the computer, nothing.

I did a reinstall, nothing.

I should mention, I have been using Logic for the last two weeks without a problem.

I hope someone here can help. :cry:

Try starting Logic with the CONTROL key pressed down. I believe this will allow you to start Logic without an audio driver selected. If Logic opens, go to:

Logic Pro>Preferences>Audio then click the "Drivers" tab. Next, click the "DAE" tab and make sure the "Enabled" box is unchecked. Do the same for "Direct TDM". Last, go to the Core Audio tab and enable it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300056

This might help with your issue. Hope it helps,

Mitch

Try starting Logic with the CONTROL key pressed down. I believe this will allow you to start Logic without an audio driver selected. If Logic opens, go to:

Logic Pro>Preferences>Audio then click the "Drivers" tab. Next, click the "DAE" tab and make sure the "Enabled" box is unchecked. Do the same for "Direct TDM". Last, go to the Core Audio tab and enable it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300056

This might help with your issue. Hope it helps,

Mitch

Thank you very much mitch, this solved my problem.

Dumb question...do you WANT it to launch the DAE? Are you using DAE or has it become confused and is trying to lauch the wrong audio engine?

It wasn't a question, it was an observation. When Logic starts up, the first thing you see on the

bottom left is "Setting up memory buffers" when it would get to "Launching DAE" Logic would turn off.

From my description, mitch understood what the problem was and how to fix it.

You know peeb, your going to come across people that don't have your in-depth knowledge, if you don't have the

patience to deal with it, then don't reply. This site is called Logic Pro HELP!!!

No need to kick me in the teeth just because I don't understand some things. 8)

I worded that well didn't i?!?! My REPLY was a question, and i was prefacing my question by saying "Dumb question" meaning i might have been asking a dumb question but... REALLY sorry that it read so offensively