What's the best way to record drum tracks?

Paul Dufilho

I'm looking for recommendations on the best way to record a drum track in Logic. Should I use a separate MIDI device, like a sampler with several pads on it, or just assign each sample to cerain keys on the keyboard. Or are there other options?? Please send your advice.

If you are not familiar with Drum products out there on the market - htne start with something like EZDrummer from ToonTrack. It sounds great and is a wonderful tool to have for songwriters, and the professional studio (IMHO).

EZDrummer From A Song Writeres Perspective

The video even shows you an example of EZDrummer in Logic Pro! Can't beat that!

That is a starting point for you!

Take care!

So once i get EZ drummer, or Battery 3, how do i actually make my own drum beats? Do I need to purchase a separate piece of equipment or can i use my keyboard? Which would you recommend? I would prefer to make my own beats rather than use one that is already pre-programmed.

So once i get EZ drummer, or Battery 3, how do i actually make my own drum beats? Do I need to purchase a separate piece of equipment or can i use my keyboard? Which would you recommend? I would prefer to make my own beats rather than use one that is already pre-programmed.

battery 3 comes with quite a few samples of drums and all other types of percussion so once you've opened battery 3 (or 1 in my case) you load up samples and they're assigned to notes on your keyboard, then u just press away and make your own beats up :)

battery.jpg.ffe41811e77c7a19975f4358e77a58fc.jpg