Weird graphic issue

Tarekith

I keep running into this issue on a current song, where moving a region on one track, cause the region display on another track to become "messed up". Basically, if I move a region on any track after x amount of time, the region displays on another random track become corrupted, the waveforms suddenly redraw to some random shapes. Opening these regions in the audio editor likewise shows the wave file overview all messed up (almost like it's doing really long fade in and outs), though the actual audio I hear is fine.

This will go away if I close the song and restart, and it happens on different tracks each time I see it.

Ummm, hard to explain, anyone else seeing this though?

Grrr, here's a screen shot. You can see the region called "Stone Call" has some weird fade ramps in it, but these are NOT in the actual audio file. You can see the 3rd instance of this region as it's supposed to be. I had just moved a region on another track, and this immediately happened after I let go of the mouse button.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7137/picture1tv6.jpg

Try this:

Select the Region that isn't displaying properly.

Open the Audio WIndow.

Go to the Audio File menu & Refresh Overview(s).

Update File Information might be some help too.

I once had an audio file I'd reversed in the Sample Editor not display as reversed until I did this but I haven't experienced anything quite as strange as you are getting.

In the top left corner of the Arrange Window, there is a button that has a little rectangle in it (right next to the edit button, I believe). That is the screen refresh button. Give that a try.

If that doesn't work, then I'm out....

X