Excess Audio

truc606

Hi people on tuesday i had the pleasure of having a 7 hour vocal session and as you can imagine i have an untold amount of audio that i dont need... I know there is something in logic that says delete unused files but im scared to use that because how does it know what files i want to keep... Does it delete everything that is muted how does it work... Help because this song is killing my harddrive...

Hi people on tuesday i had the pleasure of having a 7 hour vocal session and as you can imagine i have an untold amount of audio that i dont need... I know there is something in logic that says delete unused files but im scared to use that because how does it know what files i want to keep... Does it delete everything that is muted how does it work... Help because this song is killing my harddrive...

Be scared...Be very scared!!!

Normally in a single song you may record many audio takes of a vocal part ( for example. Out of the twenty takes, you may keep only two in your arrange window.

In the Audio window you will select 'Delete Unused' and poof! they are gone. The Two you chose to keep will remain. That is the simple way to do it.

However, there are times when your audio manages to be mixed in with different songs and if you delete the unused audio out of one song, you may be deleting it from another song.

For example I record song 1 and I love the set up so I reuse it for Song 2. I constantly forget that the guitar parts I saved in song one still exist in the audio window. Since I am NOT using them in Song 2, I delete them as unused and POOF!!! they are gone.

The next time I open song 1, my guitar audio parts are gone. :cry:

So Make sure if you use the 'delete unused' that those waves are definitely NOT in any other song or used anywhere else. Find some other means to back up all those parts if you can before deleting them.