Weird Dongle Issue? Logic reverts to demo mode?

Sharkpuss

Hi,

I've been using Logic Pro for a while now and my dongle has suddenly stopped working

It gives me the following message

"Welcome to Logic Pro 7

Please choose 'Run Demo' if you wish to preview Logic Pro 7 for a limited time before purchasing it."

Needless to say I want to use the software that I paid for.

Anyone know what the cure is for this?

Cheers,

Nick

"Welcome to Logic Pro 7

Please choose 'Run Demo' if you wish to preview Logic Pro 7 for a limited time before purchasing it."

I got this message a couple of times recently. I was quitting other apps while Logic was opening which seemed to knock out Logic's connection to the dongle. Simply quitting & re-launching sorted it out.

My dongle is in one of the USB sockets on the old eMagic emi 6/2m USB soundcard. Possibly the apps I was quitting from were things like iTunes or RealPlayer that use the emagic soundcard for their output & them disconnecting from that at same time as Logic was searching for the XSKey caused the problem.

now i'm having demo screen issue in 10.4.10 also , it happened couples of time after installing new os and gone after restart ,til now it goes forever , i can't fix it

i can see the xskey usb in system profiler but when i run logic pro 7.2.3 , i cant see any SN message. please help!!!!

I'm getting the demo mode frequently as well. Fortunately, if I click thru, it prompts me to register and then launches the app. I ran the download above, and it did not fix it.

It's more annoying (and disconcerting) than anything, but I'd like to get it straightened out too.

-john

FWIW, make sure you're not holding down the CMD key when launching Logic as this will bring up the "demo" dialog. I've done this inadvertantly when working very quickly.

Thanks for that info. Maybe the problem I described earlier was actually caused by my using the Command key with Q to quit those other apps. while Logic was opening.

Thanks for that info. Maybe the problem I described earlier was actually caused by my using the Command key with Q to quit those other apps. while Logic was opening.

YW. What you described was precisely what has happened to me. I hit CMD-Q on an app and my paw... er, thumb remained on the CMD key when I launched Logic.

:D

I been having the same problem. Logic doesn't recognize the XSKey. it was working fine yesterday then today nothing. the keyupdater didn't work because the update button is greyed out. But it does recognize it in 10.3.9... For some strange reason none of my dongles are being recognized in 10.4.10.

When I look at my system profiler all my usb keys are present. it's that all the Host Applications for those keys are not seeing they are there.

i have this happen quite frequently too.. but now it is forever , i never hold command key while open it , even if i tried holding command key and type my activation code , the code did not work , i guess it 's because 10.4.10

the update xskey is not greyed out when i push it , but it connects forever ahahah. what is that? reading xskey , contacting server , updating xskey .....

tried everything so far , not working!!

mine's the old blue key, from emagic days... it's really not been a huge issue for me, it's occasional. besides apple would probably just try to sell me a new white key.

If you still have proof of purchase or a legit license, there should be no reason for them to sell you anything, and if they have to replace the key they should do it for free. The color of the dongle should be of no importance.

mine's the old blue key, from emagic days... it's really not been a huge issue for me, it's occasional. besides apple would probably just try to sell me a new white key.

If you still have proof of purchase or a legit license, there should be no reason for them to sell you anything, and if they have to replace the key they should do it for free. The color of the dongle should be of no importance.

... hmmm, i'm not sure i do (though i may have the upgrade receipt lurking around) although i did buy the 7.2 crossgrade from apple directly.

i've actually just put in a new system disk and reinstalled everything afresh. so far no xs key issues at all. (on 10.4.10)

thanks for the advice though sir! :)