Automation on pitch correction plug-in

geluidjes

I correct pitch in some words on a vocal track, using the automation on bypass on/off, but I get clicks just on or a second after the change. I have "find zero crossing" on. It's still there after I Bounce the project.

Do I mis a setting, is there a work around, or do I have to buy Melodyne....

Thanks in adv.

Jan H.

Why don't you cut out the words that need correction, add small crossfades, and put them on their own track with the pitch correction always switched in?

If you are in Seattle, and are coming to the Seattle Logic User Group meeting tonight, you can hear me give a presentation on why this is a better technique. Automation has challenges with repeatability, consistency, and accuracy. So, you may fuss with node points and automation curves to remove a click or artifact, but then an offline bounce or some kind of operation like adding bars will screw up all the work.

best,

john

Thanks for the quick reply, I started to do exactly what you describe in the beginning, but I hoped for an easier way of getting result.

I really like to visit such seminars, but I can't find them here in Amsterdam,

The Netherlands.

any ideas?

Thanks again,

Jan

I think that you'll find that the method I suggest is just as easy, if you get your key commands for switching tools under your fingers. I can get a lot of complicated effects changes going with 4-5 tracks and cutting and moving things around.

The one thing you can't do, of course, is gradual changes... for that you have to use automation.

j

• 6 months later...

I think you may be doing it backwards by turning the whole plug-in on and off at various points. The pitch correction plug in will really only work if you know what key your singing in. In other words, if you're singing in the key of C major and occasionally sing an out of tune word, you can tell it to allow or correct a note pitch sung out of tune. Instead of bypassing, try automating it to allow a note to be pitch corrected or not.

Also, don't set the response time too low.

2104625693_Picture4.png.492947abd4fe12dcba8c08c8ff507ed5.png

1641665895_Picture3.png.0bf0980b0faa3cfaf4b84c2fbaf621d8.png

1326174683_Picture2.png.e3cd3fef75173a8be5023e448e6863c3.png