Mystery use of "Surround" in a project [SOLVED]

wjm

. . .

I just opened a project and had the following message pop-up:

Additional option is required.

Project “Another Poor Excuse For A Song V6 01” uses option “Surround” which is not enabled in your preferences. It is temporarily available while this project is active. Do you wish to have it enabled in the preferences?

Enable? . . . Leave Disabled?

I've never worked in surround on this or any other project, and I can't figure out what in this project is utilizing surround. I've gone through every track and every plug, etc. to now avail.

Ideas?

Interesting. I don't think I've ever clicked the "ALL" button before in the mixer. It scrambled the order of my channel strips, and there sure is a lot of stuff to the right of the 2buss . . . still, I don't see anything that suggests Surround.

447330299_ScreenShot2016-03-04at11_04_10PM.thumb.png.52dca672b9e2dac6b1ff414014bcd329.png

I see now that every project I have where I've used Binaural Panning on a track now shows this message when I open it. I didn't realize that Binaural Panning always uses Surround. I thought it was just a two channel (hence the Bi in Binaural) process that "faked" 3D sound-space. Those 5 dots circling the Binaural Panning symbol probably should have been my tip-off.

So I guess the only issue here is that when updating to 10.2.1 my Advanced Additional Options all got unchecked. Nothing actually changed with the projects themselves, just my preference settings.

And a big thanks to everyone for not calling me out on my extremely messy and disorganized project! It's always like this while I'm composing and then gets cleaned up and organized considerably when it's mix time . . . still an embarrassing image to share. :oops: