Mackie Onyx with FW card & Logic Pro

Yes, mmmmmmmm, as in nice! (Homer Simpson moment!)

Been on Mackie forum clarifying a few things, you can use the EQ by selecting the main mix out of the Onyx mixer. On the 1620 it's channels 17/18. This way you can only use two channels seperately, each panned hard L + R, or alternatively - Stereo. If you need more you can by routing via the alt 3/4 outs back into whatever channel.

What exactly are u modifying? Is it to have EQ on each individual channel prior to FW output?

Read a post on the Mackie forum (by anyhorizon) and he's put up detailed instructions on how to modify the 1620. :

http://forums.mackie.com/scripts/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000955

It takes a steady hand to do this kind of job. Can anybody out there recommend a person/company in the UK to do this mod? (pref.N.Wales)

I'd like to mod a few channels for versitility.

I got the mod primarily so I would have EQ when recording a single channel via firewire. You may have found a work around from Mackie, but I thought that this was not possible if going into the Onyx mic pre - through firewire into DAW(Logic Pro). The mod puts the EQ in the loop as I'm recording. Sounds great!

Theres a Main Mix L/R going through the fire wire card on the 1220, inputs 13/14 in Logic . I've just sussed that you can use the faders and EQ of the Onyx this way (not very clear in the manual). What I do is pan whatever channel on the Onyx hard L or R, and use either input 13(L) or 14® as the recording source in Logic (17/18 for me with 1620). Its only 2 separate channels, but ideal if you need to record EQ on vocals or bass drum etc, prior to Logic.

You can either do this, or as you have Bwadhams and modify it, depending on how many channels you need EQ'd.