How to change the default view of all plugins.

The Spann
Go to solution Solved by Modigliano,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I had the same problem where I would uncheck the box for the "open in control view" in the pref/display/mixer, and then it would revert back to being checked again.. maddening.

What worked for me was, I opened a plug-in (doesn't matter which one) and it when it opened in control window (again), I changed the view to editor in the plug-in.

While leaving the plug in open, I opened the pref/display/mixer to uncheck the "open in control view".

Now my other plug-ins are opening in editor again.

I've run into this issue before and forgot the troubleshoot. Hopefully this helps someone.

• 6 months later...

Hello. I have seen a lot of people try this and it works but for me the check box doesn't show up at all. There are only two boxes you can check in the mixer section and neither of them says "Open in Control View". Do you have any clue why the check doesn't show up and how I can pix this?

7 hours ago, KGK Music said:

There are only two boxes you can check in the mixer section and neither of them says "Open in Control View". Do you have any clue why the check doesn't show up and how I can pix this?

The location of that checkbox (in current versions of Logic) is shown in the above screenshot:-

Preferences -> General -> Accessibility.

What version of Logic are you running?

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 6:21 AM, des99 said:

The location of that checkbox (in current versions of Logic) is shown in the above screenshot:-

Preferences -> General -> Accessibility.

What version of Logic are you running?

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I have been looking for so long how to change this. It worked! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi! If you are a Logic Pro X user with the latest version and you are experiencing this problem, here are the steps to follow: Logic Pro > Preferences > General > Accessibility. There, under the Plug-in Window heading, you will see that the "Open in Controls view by default" box is checked. Uncheck that box and you should get rid of the problem. After this step, the first time you open your plugins you will see them open in "Controls view" mode as before. Bring them into the editor view for the last time and congratulations, you're saved!

• 9 months later...