Project files plays back slower and down tuned

Sortep

Hey guys hope you can help me out on this one.

So I project of mine plays back let it's been time stretched. Last time I worked on it was about 2 days ago I did a bounce, and haven't touched the project since. Now it somehow went really slow and down tuned as if the track plays back in slow motion or something!

I've got 13 tracks, almost all have some EQ & compression, nothing unusual that my computer wouldn't be able to handle or anything, I've had more demanding projects in the past.

I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.8 on a mac book pro OS X 10.10.5 with a Focusrite Forte.

Tried rebooting and checked other projects too and nothing seems out of order, only this one has issues!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Petros

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This happened to my project. I have no idea how that sampling rate would have gotten changed. It was at 44.1kHz when I went to check thanks to this thread. Changed it to 48kHz just to try switching back, as apparently worked for Diego. The pitch went back to correct once it was at 48kHz, 44.1kHz was still wonky. But then, when it's in 48kHz, everything's out of sync? Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GOldlife said:

i have the same problem, i did change the sample rate back to 48KHz and only parts of the project went back to normal. other parts are off sync! can someone please help me out?

Is that the project's sample rate that you changed back to 48kHz? Are all your audio files 48kHz? 

• 2 weeks later...

All of my audio files are 48kHz. For me, all of those tones are now correct. But the synchronization is off now (for anything that doesn't start at the very beginning).

Here's an example of one of my tracks with multiple takes, where the later takes are out of sync. That next take is supposed to start at the point that the other is muted.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.25.10 PM.png

Edited by jiminyfickett