Major Bug? - Inserted plug-ins disappear/change settings

DavidAndersson

I'm at LP 10.4.8

I have the same problem multiple times when only one project is open and I'm creating new tracks in recording sessions. Track settings change, even from instrument to audio settings.

Within instrument tracks, the settings move from one track to another, without any reason.

I don't have multiple sessions open. It happens also a lot when making track stacks.

It makes Logic, my preferred DAW sometimes very messy to use.

• 2 months later...

I'm on 10.4.8 too.

I have been experiencing a similar problem persistently in a current project. Its happened over 10 times in the last hour I've been working on this project.

On one (or sometimes two) of my software instrument tracks ("Jazz Fusion Organ"), the instrument settings persistently change, randomly and inevitably. Specifically, the "tone wheels" on the left side of the interface inevitably default to being off or turned down. These settings it changes to are NOT the same as on any other tracks, nor are they the default settings. It changes away from the default settings.

I paste the organ take into a new track with the default (non-corrupted) settings, and the settings stay.... for a little bit. I might be able to play the track 2 or 3 times. And then infuriatingly the settings automatically and randomly become corrupted, such that the tone wheels are all turned off or down. Last time I exported it with the settings right and immediately when I went back to the track it was corrupted again.

I have also experienced spontaneous and random reversals from this corruption, only to happen again...

Could it have anything to do with OS? I'm on 10.13.6 High Sierra.

• 3 months later...
I have had Kontakt instruments disappear regularly from a couple of projects. To avoid any time consuming misinterpretations of my issue, I never, ever have more than one project open at any given time. The common denominators for this issue seem to be larger projects and perhaps more significantly when using freezing/unfreezing tracks. It's taken me a whole day to recover the project I carefully saved last night.

• 3 months later...
I’ve been noticing something similar for a while: for me it’s the “Pitch Correction” plugin and it seems to appear randomly on different channels. It’s like Where’s Waldo, because every so often I have to look through all my channels in the mixer view, looking specifically for the Pitch Correction. Like a previous commenter said and I also admit, this could be some weird user error on my part, maybe a shortcut key that I hit unknowingly, or something that gets carried over when saving versions of the project, maybe from hitting undo one too many times, etc. But just thought I would post this similar phenomenon here, just in case anyone else has seen this.