How to change colour of PART of region

Hiya,

I need to highlight/change the colour of PARTS of regions that are quite long, some 4/5 hours, highlighting parts. it doesn't matter if they are the same colour, just need to be able to scroll to those highlighted parts.

i would like to do this without cutting the region, and keeping it 4/5 hours long.

Highlighting would be what I am after, just so i can identify certain parts of the 4/5 hour recording.

Anyone know how? Or the next best way to highlight particular parts of long regions without cutting them?

Thank you

What you're asking is not possible. A region can have only one color, so you would have to cut your region into multiple regions and give each a different color.

Alternatively you could use markers to designates various sections of your project: open your global tracks and use the Marker track.

Thanks David,

Thats a big shame for people doing podcasts, spoken word and audio books,etc

The Marker isn't any good as I've good multiple tracks.

Maybe someone can ask Apple to add this feature, would also be handy if you're collaborating or want to know which part of the track needs fixing/keeping, etc.

Maybe someone can ask Apple to add this feature

Moving this to our New Feature Suggestions forum. Meanwhile you can talk to Apple directly: http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

would also be handy if you're collaborating or want to know which part of the track needs fixing/keeping, etc.

Why not cut the region into several smaller regions? It's not ideal, but it's not the worst workaround either?

What about the other workaround I suggested, using a marker track?

markers.png.4cd51298f1d53178a9ae614c31c4e113.png

You could also create an external midi track under or above the audio track, reduce its height anc create empty regions that you color and name as you wish. Kind of like a marker track but close to each audio tracks you have in your project. If you only have one track, David's suggestion is best.

Blink